In the last couple of months, Kelby has turned into a little bookworm. He really enjoys bringing you a book and sitting and flipping through the pages. It is really cute. I now understand why board books are so popular - he can actually turn the pages one by one! :D I've noticed lately that Kelby picks-out and brings me the same books to read. I was curious if they happened to be the ones laying around so I mixed them all up on his bookshelf. Nope. He still found the same ones to read. Tonight I saw him picking books off, looking at the cover (hasn't learned that "don't judge a book by its cover" thing yet!!), and throwing the ones he didn't want on the floor until he came upon one of the good 'ole ones.
The only thing I've noticed is that they all have animals in them and almost all of them have the moon/sun in them. He's very into the moon and not exactly sure if he knows the difference yet.
Thought it would be fun to list his favorites to be able to look back on!
 |
On the Night You Were Born
This has been (and still is!) mommy's favorite book since the first time we read it (maybe 3 weeks after he was born!). Luckily, it is also one of Kelby's favorites! This has a moon on every page + animals. |
|
|
 |
Good Night, Gorilla
The first 50 times we read this book, Kelby would laugh and laugh. The story is funny, but no way he could understand it...or maybe he's just that smart? ;) This has the moon on some of the pages. |
|
|
 |
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
One of the good 'ole favorites from when I was little! He likes finding the sun and really like finding the caterpillar on every page, especially amongst the different fruits. He also likes the holes in the pages, which I am sure is what makes this a favorite book! :D |
 |
Goodnight Moon
This one has always been (and still is!) a mystery to me why it is a kid's favorite. Maybe someday Kelby can explain it to me, if it is still a favorite! It has the moon here and there and he really likes studying the pictures of the room. This, for some strange reason, is also the dog's favorite book. It no longer has a cover....and while he's nibbled on other books, this one he repeatedly tried to eat! |
 |
Jingle-Jingle
No moon or sun in this one. He likes looking at the horse and there is a snowman on a couple of pages that he always points out. |
 |
Be Gentle with the Dog, Dear!
This one is a almost perfect example of our family (minus the cat! and that the baby is a girl and not a boy). I think there are 2 reasons for this one.
1. There is a dog on every page. Being one of the few words Kelby knows, he likes being able to point out doggies.
2. There is a page where the dog is howling at the moon and he and daddy have the best time howling together. When daddy's not home, he howls by himself (he doesn't like mommy's howling!!). It is very cute! |
 |
Is Your Mamma a Llama?
Mommy likes this one because she likes a good rhyming book. Kelby likes this one for the large variety of animals and there is a sun - turns into a moon on most all pages. |
 |
Barnyard Dance!
I think this is going to be a soon favorite. It has so many different animals and most he can make noises for! We've read this a couple times this week... |
No comments:
Post a Comment